Here a few Study Tips to try:
- Set up a consistent 10-20 minute block of time outside of homework time for study skills.
- Pray to God for focus and understanding!!!
- Read class notes daily or record your voice/yourself and play back to listen to while doing a physical activity or even while you fall asleep.
- Use Quizlet.
- Create your own memory study game: Write questions or vocabulary on a flashcard and write the answer on another flashcard. Set the cards up to play Memory or a matching game.
- Photocopy a selection from your text and highlight key words/phrases while you reread it.
- Sticky Notes: Parent and/or student can read one page of the text and create a question(s)–factual and/or inferential–so that when the student (or parent can read to child) finishes re-reading the page they can stop and self monitor their reading comprehension (alternate writing out the answer and discussing to practice both written and verbal skills).
- Take a 3 to 5 minute break for each 10 to 20 minutes.
- Make up a test to practice different varieties.
- HAVE FUN!!!
Before studying, try doing jumping jacks or some short physical activity to give your body and mind a burst of energy.