Monday, April 27, 2020
Here are today’s assignments:
Chapter 17 Pre-Test pages 139-140
IXL Math – please continue to practice your math facts!
Please log into ConnectEd and go to Unit 10, Lesson 3, Day 1
Re-Read: Our Trip to Washington, DC
Listen to: Sound/Spelling Card 21 – short u
Complete: Home Connection, Lesson 3, Red, White, and Blue
- Big Idea: What can symbols tell us?
- Essential Question: Why do many symbols of the United States appear in Washington, DC?
- Vocabulary: Review the words that appear in this week’s reading selection.
- Phonics and Spelling: Review long u and short u spelling words. Also, go to Spelling City to practice your spelling words.
- Grammar: Review the four types of sentences (we learned these in class already) Examples:
- Telling Sentence – Bob likes to fish.
- Asking Sentence – Where did the cat hide?
- Strong Feeling (exclamatory) Sentence – Ice cream sundaes are my favorite!
- Command Sentence – Clean your room.
Then have your child write an example of each type of sentence, making sure to use the correct end punctuation mark.
WRITING JOURNAL PROMPTS
- Wednesday – At the pet shop… page 4
- Friday – On my pizza… page 19
This week you child will understand why we honor our Blessed Mother during the month of May.
Read: May, the Month of Mary lesson plan and discuss
On YouTube with Mrs. Espinosa! You can find the daily links on Mrs. Espinosa’s blog at https://stmcatholic.org/teacher/rachele/
Here’s the link for the next lesson:
I will be scheduling regular Zoom meetings for every Tuesday beginning April 21 at 11:00. I will also be scheduling “office hours” every Friday beginning April 24 from 11:00 -11:30. All Zoom meetings are certainly optional on your part but I do look forward to seeing all my little friends. The Friday office hours are just for the kids to pop in and out and chat with me one-on-one or with a small group. It’s also a great time to ask me any questions about the assigned classwork. I’m happy to hear some reading too!
I love all the pictures! Please keep them coming!
I am available for email communication ANYTIME!
JOKE OF THE DAY:
First graders (and Mrs. Cincilla) just love funny jokes and riddles! Give this one a try:
Question: What has ears but cannot hear?
Answer: A cornfield!
Please keep my family, friends, and loved ones safe.
Please watch over them always,
and let good health, happiness, and blessings befall them.