I pray this email finds you well. I hope the following login information will be helpful to you as we continue our journey through Distance Learning.
After our staff meeting this week, the Archdiocese of Denver has asked that we teach only the subjects Religion, Language Arts and Math during the remainder of our Distance Learning.
It has been decided that we will be using Google Classroom, and ConnectEd to deliver curriculum at home. **Please note, this is a change from using Seesaw. I will be adding Zoom meetings to our week, too. I will continue to post to my blog daily.
Google Classroom for Math and Religion Assignments
- Login to your Google account.
- You can log in using the following conventions: Username: FirstnameLastname@stmcatholic.org (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: STMStudent123
- Go to Google apps and click on Google Classroom
- To login to our Google Classroom you need to use our class code: juj6zmw (Please note that both first grade classes will be using the same Google classroom)
- Click on the classwork tab at the top to begin assignments.
- Assignments will be listed by day and date.
- Assignments will begin March 31, 2020.
- When assignment is done, click on Assignment Complete.
Login to ConnectEd (Open Court Reading Series)
- Go to Helpful Hints on my blog page and click on the mcgraw.hill link
- Sign in with your child’s picture login
- Click on Launch
- Click on Menu (left hand corner)
- Scroll down to To-Do
- Begin with: Unit 9, Lesson 3, Day 1
- Scroll down to Assignments
- Double-click on Assignment
- When completed post any comments
- Click on TURN IN ASSIGNMENT
Options Available on ConnectEd:
- Ability to Listen to instructions and readings
- Can download assignments
- Can print assignments (under More Tools)
I will be scheduling a Zoom meeting for next Wednesday, April 1 at 2:30. Once I’ve scheduled the meeting, I will send you via email the URL link for you to click on to join the meeting. The meetings are certainly not mandatory and this first one might be a little crazy, but I think it will be fun for all of us to see each other again. It will be very informal and we’ll just chat about how things are going, etc. I ask for your patience with me as this is all very new territory I’m covering. Who would have ever thought we’d be meeting like this as a class!
I will still post unit spelling words just so the children can practice the words in a fun way. Feel free to test them!
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”